[pct-l] Feet Swelling

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jun 6 16:44:20 CDT 2010

Many of us experience enlarged feet. I certainly did. They only
slightly dialed down a notch after returning to the artificial world.

I believe there are multiple things going on:
1. We are walking more, building muscle and callous. This makes our
feet larger.
2. We are walking more and carrying weight. Our feet want to spread
out. We either fight that and get blisters or go out and get shoes
that fit better. Then our feet say ahh and spread out a little more,
and a little more, and we keep buying shoes to accommodate. My toes
no longer touch each other, thanks to all the accommodating I've
done, and although many of my sandals still fit me well, a lot of my
shoes no longer do.
3. There can be some plain old swelling (edema), too, for whatever
reason.

Diane
On Jun 6, 2010, at 8:39 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Feet Swelling

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes
http://stores.lulu.com/dianesoini

We're not here for a long time, but we are here for a good time