[pct-l] NorCal snotel data

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Sat Jun 5 21:01:27 CDT 2010

(I'm going to
be starting in Ashland on July 1st and hiking south for July and August.)
~~
We're planning to hike north from Castle Crags starting in July.??
~~
A July 1st start date for both these parties should be good. You will see
snow, but it will be short stretches above 6000ft and lower on north faces.
In most years, June 15 would be good for these sections. We're into a big
meltoff now due to warm rains and eventual sunshine. Don't expect the
blowdowns to be removed by then, and it could be a record mosquito year.
<<>>
Snotels near the PCT that I use for SecO, P, Q, and R are the following:
^^^^
Stouts Meadow (STM) east of Grizzly Peak SecO
Slate Creek (SLT) near Castle Crags SecP
Middle Boulder Lake (MB3) Alps SecP
Red Mountain in Alps  (RRM)
Big Red Mountain in SecR
STM= http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=stm     4ft snow