[pct-l] Got Rock & White Pass conditions

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 23:18:26 CDT 2010

I tried to go N from Trout Lake a week ago; I ran into increasing amounts
of snow from 5,250 up; met a guy I'd met the day before coming back with a
report of solid, 10 ft deep snow at 7,000 ft. I didn't care to fight snow
for  all of WA, and that's what the bottom line is; Dinsmores will tell you
there is  lots of snow from Stevens Pass northward. I'll try again to finish
next August;  on my way home right now to see if I can throw together 3 weeks
of CO CDT in  Aug.
If you love snow, go for it. My gut feel is that some of the snow in WA may
 last until the first snow of fall. Those heavy spring snows hit the
northern PCT  & CDT.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 7/27/2010 7:11:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,