[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 31, Issue 46

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Mon Jul 26 22:01:24 CDT 2010

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:05:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: dave encisco <dencisco at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] backpacker butt
> To: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
>>From: Kilgore Trout <kilgore.trout at gmail.com>
>
>>Subject: [pct-l] backpacker butt
>
>>So: whenever I hike 15 miles or more, I end up with a really irritating
>>chafing between my buttocks.
>
> Get a kilt or start wearing a dress. Actually I'm surprised that this
> hasn't
> become a fad for male distance hikers.

In Indonesia (Bali and Java) my standard hiking [cum volcano bagging] kit
was a sarong, with as much under it as a kilt....  if one could feel the
breeze, there wasn't going to be any chafing problems. "When in Rome, do as
the Romans do..." in Indonesia, the sarong is either gender normal mode of
dress. A good sarong could be had almost anywhere for $2-3; one could wear
it, one could sleep on it, one could wash and/or dry with it; and they come
a millions different colors and pattterns. The sarong and mangosteens - the
two best exports of Indonesia.
TheDuck