[pct-l] shoe sizing - questions thereof

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Jul 25 11:44:01 CDT 2010

As to shoe fitting, I second Eric's comments.

I recently went to a supposedly good shoe store to look for new shoes. They
wanted to fit and sell me a pair of shoes which were too short by my
standards because I had a little room between my big toe and the end of the
shoe. But my feet are much more comfortable in a bigger looser shoe -- too
big and loose by shoe store standards.

I use two pair of shoelaces for my hiking shoes. One short pair for the
first three eyelets (from the toes) kept loos3.  A second longer pair for
the rest of the eyelets which I generally keep loose but tighten for
extended down hills.

There are many, many variations on lacing one's shoes and there is at least
one website devoted to just this. search the list archives or just do a web
search.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>