[pct-l] An email I sent to Ron

DA dabruce at tmo.blackberry.net
Wed Jul 21 11:20:13 CDT 2010

Yes...yes...and yes.  Example: met pct thrus this year at VVR. One explained how info, from a "supreme" lister not only was totally wrong, but they had found out the "supreme" had never been on the pct.

Trail angel is a decision of yours, only.  I don't expect anything but correct info.  The "herd" and the "kickoff" are results of micro economies built by those wanting to profit.

But just cause you strap on a trail name and enter your fake world does not exempt you from the constitution, federal law, and state laws.  The kickoff needs no more "seminars".  The people who broke into the home are not PCT'ers, the guy who stole the car is not a PCT'er, and they should be arrested and charged.  Litter, arrested and charged.  No bear can, fined, no permit fined.

And, as I told two hikers I pulled off banner this year, I wish I could, or the NFS could charge you 5K each
for the SAR.

There are still laws in the pct wonderland of trail angels and trail names. No more seminars, no more advertising on the PCTL, just hike.

That's all!
Unauthorized use of this email is prohibited, any unauthorized use will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities.