[pct-l] Shut up andrea dinsmore and all armchair pct guides.

Ron Dye chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 08:57:54 CDT 2010

DA,

I agree with Laura, you are way out of line.  Your rudeness is only exceeded
by your willingness to display it for all to see.  The fact that these folks
committed a crime had been covered in an earlier post.  I saw no "ego"
displayed here, simply someone commenting on behavior that brings discredit
to the hiker community - a topic that is mentioned from time to time.  As
far as Andrea being an "armchair PCT guides" I have met her and she is far
more than that.  She doesn't pretend to be an expert but she has a lot of
experience related to the trails in her area and she actually listens to the
many hikers who come through and is willing to share current information
gleaned from them.  More than that, she and Jerry go way beyond hosting
hikers.  As far as your 30 days in the Sierra, big deal.  And, before you
claim "out of a hundred" you ain't there yet kid.  You need to grow some
manners.