[pct-l] Hat Creek Rim - Water Caches Present? Stocked?

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:04:53 CDT 2010

A friend and I are doing the trail from Old Station up to Burney, closed
last year due to fire, and are heading up there tomorrow.  My 19 year old
daughter took her first backpacking trip with me last week end, a 27 mile
loop dropping down in to Sonora Pass on a NoBo approach, is asking to go,
but I'm concerned about the lack of water.  Are the caches stocked /
available and where?  She has a medical need for hydration, but is pushing
her limits and refusing to be limited...something I'd like to encourage, but
I want an informed decision and don't want to be either stupid or over
protective.