[pct-l] Resupply at Tuolumne Meadows before opening date in 2011

Steve Cosner stevec at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 20 11:59:52 CDT 2010

Steven,
You must be planning on hiking on lots of snow!

Highway 120 through Yosemite and Tuolumne Meadows is practically never open at that time.  You couldn't even hitch a ride out.

Hiking that early, you would even need to hike out to Mammoth, since Reds Meadows and Devils Postpile would be shut down as well, with no shuttle running.

And the next crossing to the north, Sonora Pass, would likely be closed too.