[pct-l] cell phone - worth taking on the JMT?

The Wilderness Vagabond wildvagabond at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 12:31:43 CDT 2010

Is it worthwhile taking a cell phone on the JMT (John Muir Trail - Happy Isles to Whitney Portal)?  How is the coverage?  In what areas might we get coverage (verizon)? I am talking about emergency use because I am a super-luddite about electronics while hiking.
   Thanks for the great posts.

New to the group, Rob of the WV.

My best to you.  Remember, wherever you go there you are!    Please see:  http://wildernessvagabond.com/ for trip reports and other wild stuff.         I hope the aspects of your life that are deja vu all over again -- are the most enjoyable parts of your life, rob