[pct-l] 2010 ALDHA-West Gathering

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 15:41:33 CDT 2010

Well, another big hiker event is coming up for your calendar.  First there was the April Kickoff and then the June Walker Pass Food Ruck and now the American Long Distance Hiking Association-West Gathering.  When will the fun ever stop?  When will the maximum education subside?  When will the camaraderie lessen?  When will the west coast hiker events wain?  Never!

This year the Gathering is in southern California from September 24-26 at Barton Flat's Camp Morning Star.  There will probably be hundreds of hard core backpackers and others wanting to hang with the pros.  This is brought to you by the Wagon Master  (Strider) of Kickoff fame and his crew of jolly organizers.

Your intrepid PCT hero and trail raconteur, Switchback, will try to be in attendance if I get by the gate guards.  I will be offering hiker services of painting shelter stakes, advance hiking advice, and a demonstration my new Oxygen Concentrator for Backpackers.  Of course, all of this is contingent on catching me when I am not goofing off.  That can be very hard.

I wonder if I should bring some delicious donuts and pastries for the Gathering?  They were a super big hit with the hard-core hikers at the Food Ruck.  I only bring the most nutritious varieties.  Or may be some bagels and cream cheeses.

Your obedient servant.

Sir Switchback of the Trail Pirate, Duke of Hikerdom
"Undocumented Thru-Hiker"