[pct-l] Problems at the Highway 36 hiker cache

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 14:39:44 CDT 2010

Someone has been taking advantage of the PCT Thru-hiker cache, taking
sodas and snacks meant for long distance hikers.  So for the time being
I will be bringing snacks and sodas with me to the trail ONLY when a
thru-hiker calls or when I visit the trail during the day. This means
that only water (and the hiker box) will be available for thru-hikers,
at least until there are more hikers coming through.  I am terribly
sorry about this, but I cannot put out food and drinks meant for hikers
and have them consumed by non-hikers.

When a bona-fide long distance hiker calls me, or when I visit the trail
during the day, I'll bring refreshments with me.

Ishmael, Furniture and Rally came through this morning.  They are the
first NOBOs I've met who have slogged through the entire trail without
detouring because of the snow in the high sierras.  They report that the
snow has nearly all melted from Belden to Chester, with only about a
quarter mile of navigable snow remaining.

 Piper's Mom