[pct-l] Conditions - Dorothy lake pass or Selden pass`

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Jul 6 22:08:54 CDT 2010

I have to make a decision about where to spend a week hiking.
Originally we planned to go in over Pine Creek Pass, down French Canyon
and Paiute Canyon to the PCT, over Selden Pass to The Lake italy trail,
over italy pass and back to pine creek.  What with snow, I think this
will be more work than we want for a week.  I've been monitoring the PCT
journals, and it's skimpy going in terms of good reports on snow
conditions.  Anyone know about snow conditions right now in this area?

The other area is Dorothy Lake Pass, Kennedy Canyon, and the high parts
of the Emigrant Wilderness.  Anyone with accurate knowledge of that area
- right now???

Thanks...

jeffrey olson
santa rosa, ca