[pct-l] Winslow Frank

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Jul 6 11:20:26 CDT 2010

We (that being Burning Daylight and me) couldn't find one for him. Burning
Daylight got to talk with him (versus trading voicemails) and said he's a
really interesting guy.

Fortunately, here in the high desert we've been having very cool
temperatures with June Gloom continuing.  However, lower desert temperatures
have been ranging from 104 to 107 this past week . . . and it hasn't gotten
what we know as hot yet.  Previous forecasts showed the temps spiking this
coming weekend, but today's paper shows cooler temps prevailing.  We can
only hope this little bit of coastal coolness stays with us.

Some late season hikers thought they could make it to Kennedy Meadows, but
the heat out in the desert stopped them in their tracks in Tehachapi.

L-Rod