[pct-l] Bear Canister Necessary North of Tahoe For Me?

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 12:24:18 CDT 2010

He could also use it as a step to get over fallen trees... As a flotation
device for fording rivers... As a drum during camp hours... As a water
bucket for bathing... for forming sand-castles (or dirt castles)... a
container for holding fish... as a blunt weapon...  a foot rest... the list
goes on.

But all joking aside... no, you won't need it.  Just sleep with your food
and you'll be fine.  Unless you start hearing mice at night.  Then bear-bag
your food and pray they cant figure out how to get to it before sunrise.  I
hate mice sooooo much when I'm on the trail.  They are cute, but they are
terrorist bandit thieves is what they are.

-Austin

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Bill Burge <bill at burge.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but he should carry the canister anyways:
>
> It's good exercise!
> It makes a nice seat!
> Great for doing laundry!
> Creates new "packing adventures" and "organization styles"!
>

> BillB
>
> --
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Sit as little as possible. Give no credence to any thought that was not
born outdoors while moving about freely."
   --Friedrich Nietzsche