[pct-l] Cookless meals in Section A

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:58:49 CST 2010

I disagree that hiking without a stove reduces your options, quite the opposite. I would argue that there are only a few items that can be cooked efficiently on the trail. Items requiring less than a ten minute cook time. There is a reason that you see most hikers eating Lipton and Ramen day after day.

There is a trade off though, the weight of water. You loose the weight of the stove and fuel only to regain the weight in the moisture content of non dehydrated foods.

Jason Moores
"Jackass"