[pct-l] documentation of OHV abuse of PCT in Kern County

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 27 20:51:04 CST 2010

OMG JJ,
You mean to tell me you can't get over a log?  A lot of them are a pain.
On the other hand, when I used to take care of a little section PCT in the Mt Pacifico area there were often dirt bike ruts and erosion because of them.
I was thinking along the lines a of stringing some 0.062 SS lock wire along there, but never could because someone might come along on a horse, or trial run, or etc.. and while it pissed me off, I did some stupid stuff when I was a kid and no one decapitated me for it and then I realized I'd grown up some and didn't actually wish to hurt anyone.
I think the periodic log is a good idea.  Big enough so one person certainly can't move it, and enough of them to make riding around and creating more erosion not worth the trouble, but not so much that it's like trying to hike thru a bunch of windfalls, which is a pain in the ass.
SGA