[pct-l] SPOT usage & SR difficulty

Lee Staley leestcoast at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:08:14 CST 2010

Hi Don,

My son and I have agreed to use the SPOT "HELP" feature to request a pickup
or rendevous to render assistance at or near the GPS location because of any
the following reasons:  1) gear or equipment failure, 2) out of food or
other needed supplies/gear 3) non-life threatening injury or illness, 4)
planned route cannot be safely executed, 5) or, unable to reach pickup point
as previously arranged for some other reason. In other words, any non-life
threatening situation or unplanned event requiring assistance, but in which
a SARs would be inappropriate.  Hope this gives you some ideas.

Cruz Control