[pct-l] new Gramin nuvi GPS

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Tue Jan 26 12:37:04 CST 2010

Garmin's site says:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=30986#specsTab

-not waterproof
-4 hour battery life

It does seem like they will sell you a set of Topos for it:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=35407&pvID=36718#productTab
(you can shop a better price that this)

Not a good (or even decent) trail GPS.  It was never intended for it.

If you have an REI nearby, they sometimes give classes in using a GPS.

BillB