[pct-l] new Gramin nuvi GPS

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Tue Jan 26 12:28:14 CST 2010

You can get co-ords from a nuvi.  BUT, you have to say, basically,
"mark my current location" and the waypoint it asks you to OK has your
co-ords.  I think there might be another way in the menus to say "tell
me about my current location", but I think it requires more menu
selections.  I can't test right now, it's in the GF's car.  I'll play
with it when she gets home.  We did this dance once before and I only
vaguely recall the outcome.

It would not be a good hiking GPS.  Big, clunky, large bright screen
equals bad battery life, poor protection from the elements (water +
dust), etc.

We have 5 Garmin GPS devices.  My oldest is a Garmin II+.

BillB