[pct-l] What to do when bad weather looms?

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Jan 25 18:13:44 CST 2010

All this talk about making good choices has me think of what I've
learned to do after my last bad choice to continue walking in wind/rain.

GO TO BED!!!  STAY THERE UNTIL  THE STORM PASSES

Now that's a good choice, one that any hiker out for more than a month
can appreciate.  And it's a matter of looking forward to bad weather so
that you can hunker down for a while.  "Oh boy, a storm is coming.  It's
11AM and I've got 12 miles in, but it's starting to rain and the wind is
blowing 30 mph + and I get to HUNKER DOWN!!!"

Part of the trip's mindset might just include such an attitude!

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD