[pct-l] easy low cost "lamination"

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Jan 25 17:43:36 CST 2010

a tip for when you need to laminate something you carry with you.

I use clear plastic shipping/sealing tape; mine is also labeled to
protect labels. On a suitable surface such as glass, put the tape over
the item overlapping a little the strips to completely cover one side
and extend the tape beyond the edges of the item. Press on the tape as
you apply each strip to get our wrinkles and ensure adhesion. Then turn
over the item so now the sticky side of the tape is up. Again put strips
of tape over this side going beyond the edges.  Finally, pick up the
item and trim off the excess tape allowing a little margin of tape to
tape around the edges so your item is sealed in the shipping tape. One
can also fold the tape lengthwise around an edge of the item to give a
smoother edge.

 Lasts a long time.  The tape also adds strength to the item.

I used this method to laminate my iodine water disinfection instructions
years ago and the instructions are only slightly worse for wear.  This
is probably lighter weight for all of us trying to shave weight.

--

Tortoise

Because truth matters"