[pct-l] To Patrick Maloney

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jan 25 15:07:38 CST 2010

Then again, many people teeter at the edge of health due to near
starvation by the time they complete the Sierra, so a whole 700 miles
may be overkill.

When I returned to try to complete the trail last year, I put in
about 350 miles from Santa Barbara to Lone Pine as training. That
seemed to be more than enough. 200 miles would have been sufficient.