[pct-l] Umbrellas

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Thu Jan 21 16:19:37 CST 2010

MontBell claims sub 6 oz for their umbrella.

http://www.prolitegear.com/montbell_ultralight_umbrella.html

But I don't see it in silver.  You really want something to reflect sun.

We bought this one: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/
Product___90601 and this page claims 8 oz, but I would be surprised if
it weighed that much.  I've hiked on a very hot day here in So
California and it did help a lot.  Since I use trekking poles, it was
awkward.  Some here said they had a way of mounting it...

BillB