[pct-l] Filters vs. Chemicals; what size water bladder?

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:05:42 CST 2010

Dan you'll hear lots of opinions on the amount of water to carry.  It
depends a lot on the person, but most people have about a 6 liter capacity
(+/- 2 liters).  I would recommend several smaller containers over one large
one as you WILL spring a leak in the container you have (especially if it is
only one - Murphy loves the PCT).   You can just get a couple of extra water
bottles for the drier sections from your local convenience store and dump
them when no longer needed.

I'm willing to bet after about 600 miles you will rethink the 20 oz water
filter.  Aqua Mira or even bleach will be a full pound lighter.  HYOH and
enjoy the amazing journey.   I just wish I could do it again this year.

Day_Late

..