[pct-l] Good Deal on Mountain Hardwear Phantom 15 Bag for smaller hikers

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Mon Jan 18 13:28:53 CST 2010

FYI--the newest Campmor catalog has a great deal on Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 bags--$289.98 now, but it is regularly priced at $400. I got one for myself--a criteria for a new bag for me was that it had to be sized for a small person, less than 2 pounds, rated to 15 degrees (I'm a very cold sleeper)  and a decent reputation for outer material water resistance--which Mountain Hardware does. The 15 degree bag for people 5 foot 5 inches only weighs 1 pound 14 oz. Campmor phone: 1-800-226-7667. Website: www.campmor.com. The item number for my bag was 42567-F.

I think Feathered Friends does a smaller size bag, but it is more expensive.

--Fireweed