[pct-l] Water?(north bound from Tehatchapi)

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jan 14 09:12:49 CST 2010

This is a challenging section, but you can do it. You'll have learned
incredible water management skills by then. You'll remember it fondly
when you get to Oregon and find yourself dying of thirst once again.

Both times I went through this section, as I approached Kelso Valley
Road it appeared that the road ran by a creek. You can see green
willows or cattails or something growing next to the road. My first
time through I planned to bypass the trail and just walk down the
road so I could get water there if needed, and then take the dirt
road by Willow Springs for another chance at water if necessary (but
I didn't do it). Does anybody know if there is water there next to
the road?

Also, there's a good water source before Kelso Valley Road, after
Robin Bird Spring. It's off trail, but very cold and clean.

Diane