[pct-l] wood burning stove

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jan 11 09:26:53 CST 2010

I used a wood burning stove for a little while, but not the model
someone asked about. I didn't like having a sticky pot in my pack.
The wood out here, in So Cal anyway, is very resinous and leaves a
sticky residue.

I'm not really sure why you need a stove if you're going to cook with
wood. It doesn't seem to work any faster to use a stove. It just
seems that you use more wood that you have to chunk up into smaller
pieces. A tiny fire works just as well without a stove to cart around.

My friend Lenny cooked on a tiny fire every night the whole way.
Worked for him.