[pct-l] wood burning stove

LOUIE KROLL louie.kroll at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 01:52:55 CST 2010

We'll keep this short and we'll keep it simple so even the mentally
challenged out there can follow:

1)  Wood products are renewable and a very viable and acceptable choice
of fuel for cooking and heating on the trail.

2) Your guilt level for choosing duff, twigs, sticks in order to heat
your food or heat your self should amount to zero.

3)  Any and all clowns who think that using Espit tabs, or white gas, or
propane/butane are obviously confused about the entire
drilling/refining/transportation process that delivers those shitty
little containers for your oh, so convenient use.

Real through hikers, real hikers in general, don't worry about whether
or not they can jack up their cute little butane stoves at the next
resupply.  Because all the fuel one needs to boil a pot of water or fry
a fish is right under your boots.  And that is not a crime, it is not
theft, it is just one more way to say thank you for all the gifts the
mountains give to us.  And if you aren't smart enough to walk a hundred
yards off the beaten path to find your fuel and spread your impact, then
maybe you should have kept to the road head to begin with, where the car
was close enough so that when your cutting edge stove failed, you could
still run back to Jack in the Box in time for breakfast.