[pct-l] Printing Halfmile maps in color

Postholer public at postholer.com
Thu Jan 7 11:02:23 CST 2010

Regardless of the trail trace, it's the map background, the topography that
is copyrighted by the vendor that halfmile used to make his maps.

Read the legal-eze on products such as DeLorme and you'll get the idea.
Printing maps for sale is a no-no. Printing maps for the web in an
incidental manner, ie directions to your business, using DeLorme maps is OK.
Publishing hundreds of maps on the web for the intent of hiking is a no-no
as well.

If I had access to royality free topo maps I would have published a couple
years ago through lulu.com with the proceeds going to the PCTA.

-postholer
Trail Journals, Google Trail Maps, Forums: http://postholer.com
Pacific Crest Trail Photo Atlas: http://postholer.com/photoAtlas.php