[pct-l] wow thats a big camera

Tom Holz (Bigfoot) tom-pct at spacing-guild.net
Wed Jan 6 21:51:52 CST 2010

> Not everyone has a problem mixing the two pursuits, but I sure did.  For
> what it's worth . . .

I think I understand what you mean.  In all my adventures so far I've
always chosen X over photography, and carried whatever decent
lightweight point & shoot I can find.  The PCT will give me a chance to
try something a little different and see how it plays out; I'm used to
things changing as they go along and messing up all my precious plans :)

Still, if I can work out a convenient recharging system, easy access,
and reasonably simple image management without overloading my pack or my
psyche, I figure I'll be more likely to keep it up.  Who knows.

Like you, I think the biggest drawback won't be the physical weight, it
will be all those other issues, including a tendency I have to
disassociate myself from what I'm doing to use my camera.

Thanks,
Tom