[pct-l] Esbit and carbon build up.

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Wed Jan 6 13:22:47 CST 2010

> Any tips on minimizing/cleaning the carbon residue?
Carbon build up actually helps your pot heat faster. In fact they sell pot black for just such a purpose. I keep my pot in a custom stuff sack to keep my other gear clean. My MSR titanium pot holds my esbit stove, wind screen, lighter, three weeks worth of esbit tabs and a eye dropper full of denatured alcohol just in case of a hard start situation. I have no problems boiling water. I often use only a half tab of esbit to boil one cup of water.Robert