[pct-l] FreezerBag Cooking/ Resupply strategies

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Sat Jan 2 15:31:38 CST 2010

> Others will continue to put boiling water in a plastic bag until they
learn it is unsafe.

All those plastics end up in the ground and ocean where they very slowly
break down and find their way into the food chain and eventually into our
bodies.  It may or may not be directly toxic to boil in a bag, but it's
definitely toxic long term to use disposable plastics.

And no, for the record, I don't have a viable alternative for packaging food
in my pack.  It's got me thinking that I should be looking for one, and if I
can't find one I should be minimizing plastic waste as much as possible -
i.e. not repackaging food from original packaging to lighter plastic bags
just to save weight.

P178