[pct-l] freezer bag cozy

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:17:53 CST 2010

I made several of these before my AT hike and stopped using it on the
trail.  It was just as easy to wrap my freezer bag in my hat or fleece or
whatever was handy.  Just be sure the zip is sealed :>)!  I found I wanted
few "things" - "gadgets"  - to keep track of.

Does anyone know what with the issue of heat and plastics (i.e. water
bottles sitting in the sun and reheating foods in microwave) if the leaching
of unhealthy elements in freezer bags are an issue?  Probably is, don't ya
think?  I found it almost as easy to just heat my water, dump my food in my
pot, and eat it from there.  Pot got washed every time I got to town!
Otherwise I just rinsed it, rubbed with a finger, and drank the liquid.

Kathryn
Bag Lady GA-ME '07
PCT '10?

--