[pct-l] Iodine as water treatment?

Ben Mayberry benmayberry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:50:30 CST 2010

>From what I've previously read/heard, there are still unanswered questions
about the long term effects that a high level of iodine intake (treating all
of your water with it over a 4-6 month period, for example) can have on the
body, particularly the thyroid.  I did two Outward Bound courses in high
school and although all of the participants were given iodine to treat their
water, most of the guides seemed to use filters - the reason being short
term vs. long term exposure to excess iodine intake.

Of course, these 'unanswered questions' probably means there's a doctor out
there somewhere who would love a guinea pig for his study.  Need funds?

Ben