[pct-l] Hiking Poles

ruffwork ruffwork at ruffwork.com
Sat Feb 27 19:16:31 CST 2010

Carry on in the passenger compartment stowed in the overhead area.  Camera tripods are
allowed (I asked once) and I've taken them on many times. I don't see hiker poles listed and
they are shorter then my tripod so I thought I'd give it a try and in maybe 4 times I've never had
a problem.  I've also taken my monopod with no problem.  Maybe because they all collapse down
so far?

As always with the TSA: you never know until you get to the airport.  Safest thing it so
ship all the questionable items ahead in the mail or UPS/FedEx.

ruffwork

The road goes ever on and on...