[pct-l] Post PCT

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Feb 27 10:32:33 CST 2010

OMG! I had the same question before my hike. Thinking about the "consequences" kept me awake at night. I even wrote a long rambling post to this forum, which thankfully did not get posted! Ten minutes after my "panic attack" of what if's and self doubt I became galvanized by desire to complete a thru-hike of the PCT. I stopped shaving and began collecting information. I told everyone my intentions and doubled my training regimen.
The funny thing is: Now that my body is back
in the world my mind is still out there on the trail.
All I think about is that authentic beautiful existence. The steady crunch of my feet climbing yet another ridge to reach some impossible view point, only to descend again to start all over.
The sun and moon marking the pace of my days and night. The total freedom of a long trail.
I am still a romantic.. Can you tell?
Be careful out there. Not just of physical or spiritual dangers.. This stuff is SERIOUSLY addicting!
IMHO, aproach the trail with an "empty" cup and it will be filled with unexpected and wonderfull experiences as you walk.
Cheers-Iceaxe
Sent on the Go with my Peek