[pct-l] Down collection process

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 21:56:28 CST 2010

Well that's just great...so they kill them instead of torture them...where did u get this info from ...the Marmot Rep? yeh they will say anything to sell...I've looked up the down process intensely. If one uses "quality down" say 850...it's the small, soft feathers that they just produced...in the neck and pelvic area. the one's that keep their bodies warm and they only produce a few times a year the first few years of their lives....if the geese are killed that's alot of dam geese and I think the merchandise would be alot more expensive in that case. Western Mountaineering rep told me they only used the "molted" feathers....those soft feathers don't molt. It takes about 50 geese's feathers to fill a sleeping bag....

So u know I don't judge if people want to use the down that's their bizness...I just don't participate in the hate crimes.

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!

www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!