[pct-l] Backpacks

Russell Garner russell.garner at att.net
Thu Feb 25 18:47:54 CST 2010

I used the REI Flash 65 last summer for long section hikes with 18# base
weight, bear canister(bear vault), 9 days of food, and 2 to 4 qts of water.
This was my re-introduction to hiking after retiring. I'm 58 years old,
weigh 220#, and measure out between the male medium and large sizes on the
REI pack.
I found it to be a readily adjustable pack and after 2 days, it was like
part of my body. I think it is a good starter pack as one gradually learns
to lighten ones load.
Russ