[pct-l] Maps

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Thu Feb 25 16:42:00 CST 2010

Just my personal opinion, but I rarely found maps necessary on the trail.
Used them a few times when plotting shortcuts on forest roads, and might use
them if snow obscured the trail, but the vast majority of the time the trail
was obvious.  A hiking buddy in 07 used nothing but the databook.

I think the maps in the guidebooks are sufficient.  The maps in Eric the
Black's trail atlas are prettier & would be quicker to read.

Again, that was just my experience.  I'm not saying go without maps, just
that the difference between one set of maps and another isn't likely to
impact your hike much, IMHO.

Cheers,
Potential 178
www.hikefor.com