[pct-l] Toothpaste

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 08:30:37 CST 2010

It only takes a swallow or two of water to  brush your teeth. Where is it
written that one has to rinse and spit  several times to do so? The bits of
food that you brushed loose, you intended to  swallow anyhow; by the time you
finish brushing, most of what's in your mouth is  saliva anyhow; so, even
though many consider toothbrushing waste somehow toxic,  it's not.
    Just swallow it all! Rinse your mouth a time or two  and swallow. Rinse
your brush several times with saliva; suck the excess  moisture out of the
brush; and swallow all of it. It's quite simple, and  there's no trace of
toothpaste odors on the ground within ten of mile of your  campsite.
    To put it another way (Pay attention Reinhold.)  most of you think
nothing about sticking your tongue in someone else's mouth. Is  your mouth so
toxic that they shouldn't return the favor? Your mouth is not  toxic to your
body.
    M & Ms off the trail, dirt from your hands from  eating while hiking,
etc are more toxic than your toothbrushing residue.  What may be toxic is the
chemical most toothpastes are made from. Buy Tom's or  use baking soda.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is exensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 2/23/2010 3:11:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,