[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Feb 23 08:27:47 CST 2010

Ha ha ha! That one made me laugh. It's one thing to pack 10 days
worth of food for two people when that's the whole trip you are doing
and it's another to pack food for one hungry thru-hiker who has been
hiking 750 miles already and is already out of bodily reserves to
live off of.

The nasty little secret is quite a few thru-hikers can't fit enough
food in their bear canisters to go through that stretch. The solution
is to camp next to the bear lockers or just pour Macadamia nut butter
and M&Ms into your canister and live off of that.

Now everybody keep quiet and don't say another word.

Diane