[pct-l] Re-Supply at Tuolumne Meadows

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Feb 22 22:14:24 CST 2010

On Feb 22, 2010, at 7:46 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Thanks for the note.  Actually, I'm just doing a hike in Yosemite
> in late July.  The plan is to resupply at TM.  I'm thinking of
> shipping a box, but since alcohol can't be shipped, I'm hoping to
> get that in the store.  (Do they sell alcohol by the ounce?).  I
> could probably carry enough for the whole hike, but would just as
> soon not! :)
>    I've never been there; is there just one store?  At the campground?

There's one store next to the campground. There's a cafe next to the
store. I don't know if they have fuel. There are a few buses that
stop there, so if you were really in need of fuel and the TM store
didn't have any, you could take a bus to Yosemite Valley or to Lee
Vining. But maybe to avoid that, you could take more no-cook meals or
maybe cook a few meals with tiny little stick fires.

Diane