[pct-l] Dehydrated v freezedried

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:22:50 CST 2010

dicentra is being very modest.  If you are hiking this year and planning to
mail yourself any parcels check out her website.  I used a lot of recipes
from there last year with great success.  Most of her recipes were very easy
to put together and didn't require much dehydrating.

I recommend her book also - again lots of great recipes.

In Oregon I had  a great meeting with a southbound couple.  When we
introduced ourselves they knew who I was and said they wanted to thank me.
They had read my journal and found links to Dicentra site (and the freezer
bag cooking site) and had made up a bunch of meals.  They were so happy to
be having really good meals on the trail they just gushed over with thanks
for pointing them to Dicentra's site.

 I felt I was able to eat very well.  The only meals I got tired of were the
ones I bought in resupply places that had limited selection (small towns
that had just okay resupply).

I really liked these from onepanwonders:

Bacon Mushroom and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Spinach Linguine with Salmon Lemon and Dill
Black Eyed Peas and Rice
Simply Sweet and Spicy Tuna Couscous
Bacon Polenta   (a new hiking staple for me)

Golden Breakfast Bulgur* *(my favorite trail breakfast - let soak for 1/2
hour then eat - no cooking required)*
*Cherry Pecan Bulgur

Day-Late

 .