[pct-l] trail journals

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 07:34:58 CST 2010

I take a different tack.  To prepare for the trail, I look for journals of
folks that similar to me: women, older (I mean, mature), from the same part
of the country, etc.  Then I look for a few that show a comitment to
writing--alot of people lose interest in journalling over the hike.
Last year, I followed ORR, DayLate, Ice Axe (a very enthusiastic writer),
Why Wait and Why Not.
I'll second the opinion that Steel-Eye's journal have a ton of good
information,
EE