[pct-l] Peanut Butter

Judy Gross heartfire at heartfiregowns.com
Tue Feb 16 07:24:22 CST 2010

I was very curious about someone's mention of powdered peanut butter.  I do
a lot of dehydrating of my own foods, and the one item that can't be
dehydrated is oils/fats, and PB is full of oil, so I looked it up.  The
powdered PB that you buy has up to 75% of the oils removed, which is how
they are able to dry it.  One of the benefits of PB on the trail is its high
caloric content (from the oils) so you loose this benefit with the powdered
stuff.

I haven't looked in the grocery store lately, but you used to be able to buy
it in a squeeze tube, it even came mixed (sort of ) with jelly.
Overall though, I like the idea of the specimen jar for storage.
Judy