[pct-l] Food

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:50:38 CST 2010

> One food it works well with is cous-cous. One of my favorite meals
> was cous-cous with some curry powder, garlic powder, pecans, raisins,
> olive oil, tuna and 2 or 3 packets of mayonnaise. So good!

Angel hair pasta also works. It cooks very quickly so works freezer bag
style. Other pasta and grains require a simmer stove.

I have had some success by getting the water to the boiling point with the
alky stove and then switching to a tea light candle to maintain the
temperature. This requires a good windscreen or do it under a tarp.

An alcohol stove with simmer adjustment works well.
I will be trying a simmer ring for the "Zelph Super Stove" in the next few
days.

stevie

--
If you look good and dress well, you don't need a purpose in life.
               -- Robert Pante, fashion consultant