[pct-l] Peanut Butter

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon Feb 15 14:46:37 CST 2010

You only need to worry about small containers for the early part of your trip.  Latter on, you'll want extra anyway and those plastic jars that most peanut butter comes in don't weigh that much.

You can buy 9oz squeeze tubs of Skippy brand peanut butter in some stores, but not every place carries them.  Convenience stores often sell 10oz or 12oz plastic jars of various brands (though at the same prices as the large jars at grocery stores).

After the Sierras I was going through an 16oz jar every 5days and by Washington I was using an 18oz one.  Next to Olive oil, peanut butter is a great way to add calories and I started to liberally add large spoonfuls to my candy bars latter on.

-Miner