[pct-l] Food rehydration

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 15 13:28:09 CST 2010

I rehydrated freeze-dried veggies and meats on the AT past Pinkham Notch (sent the stove & cookkit home to reduce wt.).  I did not cold-rehydrate starchy stuff like rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.  It was okay but not as good as it would have been with hot water.  But at that point, you're not there to eat well, you're focused on finishing and making sure your pack doesn't fall apart.

Mango