[pct-l] [John Muir Trail] Heavier, Vibram soled boots...

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Mon Feb 15 12:12:21 CST 2010

Excellent advice, Ned,  to which I'd add--> get a sports podiatrist to consult on your gait as well.  A good DR. will instantly be able to predict exactly what the problem will be and also why your feet will give out on you, if you have any potential issues.  It is not just about the shoes, its how they interact with your particular body as they strike the ground.  Surviving a long trek is all about the feet, even more so than your fitness level.
Uncle Tom